The General Data Protection Regulation is an international success model. Many countries outside Europe are using it as a model for their own data protection laws.
Internationally active companies and global data traffic require data protection consulting that must be measured against this benchmark and brought into line. Different national legal situations, as well as the ever advancing European law, international agreements and individual requirements of the contractual partners require complex solutions.
MKM has extensive experience in international data protection consulting, advises foreign companies on entering the European market and has a partner network in 200 countries worldwide.
The use of personal data in third countries outside Europe poses everyday challenges. Currently, almost every company has to manage data usage after Brexit or for data transfer to the USA with the Schrems II ruling of the ECJ. Topics that should definitely receive attention to avoid fines.
We help you with the design of your international data protection, especially for
- the legal review of data transfers in accordance with the respective national law,
- cooperation with cooperation partners in the respective country
- the design and handling of international data transfers,
- the conclusion of standard contractual clauses in view of new requirements such as the ECJ’s schrems II ruling,
- the establishment and conclusion of Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs) and similar contractual structures.